Pages

Follow me on my new journey of love, light and laughter during the Summer of 2010/2011 and beyond.

New dreams, new ideas, and new perspectives.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011

PostHeaderIcon day forty-one

So, 10 days in to my photo-a-day and I actually kinda forgot to take one. But that's ok. It's not a drama. We'll just roll with it.

I had a young chap at work say a profound and resonating thing to me, and I'm sure he didn't even realise how special his words were.

He finished work at 10pm and said he needed to catch a bus home. I asked him what time the bus was, and he said he wasn't sure, so I suggested maybe taking off a few mins early as it was quiet. And he said to me "it doesn't matter if I miss the bus. There'll always be another one."

In our rush rush lives, where we are always on a schedule and have routines and to-do lists and appointments, do we ever really slow down? Take the long way home for a change. Take the 2nd bus so you can just sit still at the bus stop for an extra few minutes. Catch your breath. Watch the world pass you by, just for a moment. There'll always be another bus.

0 comments: