Pages

Follow me on my new journey of love, light and laughter during the Summer of 2010/2011 and beyond.

New dreams, new ideas, and new perspectives.
Sunday, January 2, 2011

PostHeaderIcon january one - day thirty-two

Happy happy new year to one and all. 2011 is going to be a bloody marvellous year. I have lots of living and loving to do. I plan on feeling well and being well. I will be a better mother. And I will be a better wife. Amongst all the goodness that 2011 promises for me personally I also have 3 dear friends getting married (two of which I am a grooms-woman for, yeehar!) which is just so exciting I can hardly wait - thankfully they're in the first half of the year otherwise I'd just about explode.


But first, a new project! The Summer of Love project continues throughout January with an added bonus - my annual photo-a-day challenge. I plan to take a photo every single day for the month of January and post a lil story to go with it, and continuing on with my loved up feeling my theme this year is Small Blessings. I plan to find the silver lining in every cloud. Whenever things looks bleak or I find my mood wavering I'm going to find a blessing to help me shake it. I can't wait to share it with you.


So here we go:
Today I worked at Village and while I was silently dreading it, I had this weird moment as I headed up the steps to work thinking that by working here I can help pay off my home loan quicker. It can help for us to afford small luxuries. I felt grateful for having a small casual job. I was working 7 hours today and boy was I grateful for the double pay! When they sent me home a couple of hours early I was a bit annoyed but then driving home I realised that I could eat dinner with my kids and bath them and get them ready for bed. And then I found Wizard of Oz on the telly and watched some of it with Ivy (who was enraptured by it) and remembered that I couldn't have done this if I worked til 7. The double pay wasn't worth it.

1 comments:

Melissa Stampa Photography said...

There is something magical about watching The Wizard of Oz with your children. Maybe it's because we watched it as children so we know exactly which bits to wait with anticipation for our kids to react at. I'm glad to hear that you got to share that with Miss Ivy.