Pages

Follow me on my new journey of love, light and laughter during the Summer of 2010/2011 and beyond.

New dreams, new ideas, and new perspectives.
Sunday, December 5, 2010

PostHeaderIcon day five

There are many things about myself that I acknowledge aren't fabulous. One of which is my Susie-Homemaker skills. Tonia Todman I ain't, that's for sure. I mean, I try hard and I have admirable intentions, but my attempts at anything domesticated usually go awry.

So all week I've been telling Elliot that we'll make chocolates for his kinder friends. We have the moulds, we have the gigantic block of Cadbury Dairy Milk, we're all set. How hard can it be? Apparently quite a bit harder than I thought, especially when the white choc became involved and then the coloured white choc. Seriously that stuff is a nightmare!

So we made a few moulds worth. Not enough for the kinder friends. All the while I'm thinking about the politics behind it - will some kids be upset if they get a smaller one? The first batch was ok, a little tricky, but manageable. The second batch was a complete pain - the coloured choc had gone hard. We ran out of white. I melted all the milk choc I had in the pantry to make up the difference, yet I still fell an agonising 6 chocolates short of the 25 required for kinder.

So I gave up. I'm eating the Santas and the Frostys tonight in front of the telly, and tomorrow morning I'm going to buy a bulk pack of Freddos for the kinder kids.
Chocolate uglies, anyone?

6 comments:

Tina said...

Oh you SO screwed up the chockies on PURPOSE just so you can eat em!

Also, LOL @ 'chocolate uglies'!

me said...

Hee hee... my sister (who is the total opposite of me in the domesticity stakes - she irons! :-O ) makes Chocolate Yummies for parties and gatherings. Hers are most always not ugly ;-)

Anonymous said...

OH Mandy. they look FANTASTIC! the kids would have loved them anyway that they turned out! Good on you for trying and don't give up. Bec Fisher

mother of claire said...

i'm with anonymous bec fisher. kids don't care about looks, just the uqantity. so yes, freddo(e)s are the way to go ms mandy.

Lauren said...

said sister also struggles with white chocolate and colouring it. it is weird and lumpy and very friggin messy!

Pam Bradford said...

You are hilarious...and I love your chocolate uglies. So sad you ran short.