Pages

Follow me on my new journey of love, light and laughter during the Summer of 2010/2011 and beyond.

New dreams, new ideas, and new perspectives.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010

PostHeaderIcon day twenty

So apparently I suck at doing a daily blog post. Well, what else is new really?!?? At least I'm doing them in retrospect :-p

On Sunday we had our Mothers Group Christmas celebration. In years gone by the celebration has also included the dads, so I made sure I trotted Matt along. He was happy to come, he enjoys the company of everyone in our group, and it's nice for him to see the mothers group kids growing and changing also. But when we turned up late (I fell asleep on the couch after the market and Ivy was still asleep when I woke from my snooze) there was no other dads there. One had been banished to a friend's house and the other was nursing a hangover (hee hee) and decided to do a spot of shopping. So I kicked Matt out. I told him to go out! He kind of looked at me in an incredulous way, like he couldn't believe I was turfing him out. But that's ok. He "got" it. Us mum's needed to chat. We needed to debrief. We needed to reconnect. And we did. In spades. In a short few hours we were feeling chipper and Christmassy. We'd talked about holiday play dates for the kids, and catch ups for the grown ups. We ate a ton of food and had a few drinkies. And the kids played like they'd never been apart.

It was super awesome. And reminds me exactly what Christmas is about.

0 comments: