Pages

Follow me on my new journey of love, light and laughter during the Summer of 2010/2011 and beyond.

New dreams, new ideas, and new perspectives.
Friday, December 3, 2010

PostHeaderIcon day three

This weather is a corker! I know the weather is kinda crazy everywhere in Australia at the moment, but for us Melbourne peeps it's really keeping us on our toes... which is saying something!

I went out my backdoor a little while ago to hang some clothes on the line and just had a little spin out. It's so tropical feeling it reminds me so much of our family holidays to the relos in NSW. Every summer holidays we'd load the Kingswood as high as we could and head north for a month. We'd stay with my Nanna and Poppy on the south coast, and be enveloped by loving hugs, home cooked meals and cakes, chooks, cows and gardens. We'd play backyard cricket, make up our own weird and wonderful games around the property, and just run wild and free. As a city kid it was so fantastic to have so much space to explore.

And we'd also bear witness to awesome storms and some wicked tropical weather. Every morning the grass would be wet and the air would be steamy. By midday it was usually so hot we spent the rest of the afternoon in the swimming pool, and by evening we'd witness another fabulous storm. In the country the lightning is quite something, zig-zagging all over the night sky with no buildings to get in the way of the view.

It is so atmospheric out my backdoor right now. Dark and light. Wet and warm. No cows, or chooks, but still it feels like summer to me. Is this what we can look forward to for the next 3 months? Less hot hot heat and more wet tropical heat? I don't care. I love summer.
Nanna, my cousin Jojo (the blondie) and me!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

oh god, i was thinking this same thing all last week. it had awesome flashbacks too. i felt like i was there. the smells the warm steamy air .... it was sureal!