Pages

Follow me on my new journey of love, light and laughter during the Summer of 2010/2011 and beyond.

New dreams, new ideas, and new perspectives.
Monday, December 13, 2010

PostHeaderIcon day twelve

No photos for day twelve, but I did think it might be time for an update on how I'm going with the AD withdrawals. It's now been 13 days with no Cymbalta in my system. How am I feeling?


* my brain zaps have reduced to only 1 or so a day

* dizziness is not a major problem anymore, just the usual stuff if I'm dehydrated or hungry etc

* I'm really tired and de-motivated, but trying hard to fight through that

* my aches and pains are getting unbearable. One of the reasons I switched from zoloft to cymbalta was to help with my fibromyalgia. Since coming off it, I've noticed a steady increase in the amount of pain I'm waking up to in the morning. I'm popping a lot of Nurofen to try and get me through this busy few weeks and then I plan to tackle it in a more holistic way

* my moods have been surprisingly good. I'm been really emotional though, and teary at the drop of a hat, but usually more so with happy things rather than sad or depressing, which makes a NICE change

* I'm confident that I've done it. I've got through the come-down without wanting to kill myself, my husband or my children. I'm alive! Albeit somewhat sore, but I'm alive and drug-free and that makes me happy!

    1 comments:

    Hazel Sinclair said...

    I hear alcohol is good for pain, but you probably shouldn't listen to me as there's a chance I might drink too much...

    I have every confidence that you will continue to do well without your medication because you're strong and awesome and you know yourself well enough to cope in other ways and, most importantly, to know when you need to. x