Pages

Follow me on my new journey of love, light and laughter during the Summer of 2010/2011 and beyond.

New dreams, new ideas, and new perspectives.
Thursday, December 9, 2010

PostHeaderIcon day nine

 Two part post from me today. Well one post and one photo with 2 sentiments.

#1) I love my job. I know I'm lucky to do something I truly love every single day. But if my job (whatever it may be) made me feel as dreary as the gentleman in the photo below, I'd be outta there before you could say "Ho ho ho". Either this guy really is a grinch, or he was just having a bad day.

#2) The annual Santa photo is something I look forward to and dread in equal measure. E-man just does his thing, says hello Santa, thank you Santa, CHEESE for the camera, thanks we're done dude. Ivy, well, um, she doesn't like Santa much. Going by the Santa in this photo it's not hard to see why. But as a holistic view, Santa's an alright kinda guy. He's jolly, and round and gives you presents. Why are kids so fearful of him?

Today's expedition was same-old same-old. Elliot did his thing and Ivy cried. And clung to me like a koala. In a crowded shopping centre I virtually forced my daughter to sit with this guy and have her photo taken. She doesn't like having her photo taken on the best of days, so well, the outcome was to be expected I suppose.

As I was in the middle of the ordeal, I made myself think of why I was doing this to her. And for a fleeting moment I almost gave up. Almost. Then I reminded myself why I do this to myself and my kids every single year. It's funny. It reminds me what my kiddies were like at that time in their lives. Whether they feared Santa or thought he was a complete dork. They can look back on the photos as adults and either be horrified or think it's hilarious. And above all  it will make for an entertaining 21st photo board.

1 comments:

Pam Bradford said...

hehe...loved this post. We have one at the dork stage - hence this year's photo is mysteriously one child short.