Pages

Follow me on my new journey of love, light and laughter during the Summer of 2010/2011 and beyond.

New dreams, new ideas, and new perspectives.
Thursday, December 30, 2010

PostHeaderIcon day twenty-six

Christmas mkII. A long time ago it was decided that Matt's family would have their Christmas celebrations on boxing day, not only to save everyone further stress on the 25th but also so that we can enjoy each other's company for a whole day without having to rush off anywhere. It's become particularly pertinent as the kids have grown up and adore hanging out together.So this Christmas we had a 6yo, 5yo, 3yo and 2yo. Do you think they had a fun day? Yah.

Ooh ooh, I made my first ever choc ripple cake!! I thought it was going to be hard, but when I checked the recipe online before buying the ingredients I was like "HUH?" and checked about 3 other recipes to see if I was missing anything. No wonder it's an Aussie tradition - why wouldn't it be when it seriously has 2 ingredients???? It's a lazy man's dessert. Well, less lazy than buying a cake from a shop, but more lazy than making, say, a trifle or mud cake at home. Yippee for having the reputation as the NQR cook and ending up with the easy dishes! Yippee indeed!
So there was more presents and more food and more alcohol and more cricket. Oh and apparently there was also cricket on the tv, but you know, when it got to the Aussies all out for 98 or some such hogwash I stopped paying attention. There was also some very tired and emotional kids (Ivy being one of them - foul) after such a huge day the day before. But all in all, it's so nice to catch up with the fam and just sit and chill. I love this time of year.

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

1 <3 ivys dress~ so pretty!

me said...

Thanks AM, it was made by a special friend of mine. You can find her here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bespoke-Bites/161906980499719