Pages

Follow me on my new journey of love, light and laughter during the Summer of 2010/2011 and beyond.

New dreams, new ideas, and new perspectives.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010

PostHeaderIcon day seven

Elliot had his kinder concert tonight. A celebration of a year of triumphs. My wonderful son has grown and changed into a young man hardly recognisable as the child of 12 months ago. He has made some wonderful and (hopefully) lifelong friends this year. And so have I. He is a treasure to me. My heart and soul. My blood. I love him more than I could ever put into words.

Sometimes it's hard to explain the joy of children. They find it in the funniest places. Tonight at his concert, the smile rarely left Elliot's face. He had an absolute ball. The photo of him below is his purest happy self. As a 5 year old boy, it's very hard to take photos of him. We get angry faces, ridiculous faces, goonish faces (see here as a case in point: XMAS 2008)

But this photo. Wow. This snapshot speaks volumes. Look at his happy happy face. It's a tonic to me.


There really are some things that just can't be faked, no matter how hard you try. The pure, unadulterated joy of a child. And that child's joy added to her grandparents' pleasure. It's real, and you just can't replicate it. Ever.
Look out, my lil ole heart is about to explode!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all beautiful!

Tina said...

Is teary reading this, gorgeous!

Ellen said...

Gorgeous Mandy! xo